Commodore International Ltd realizes the need to undertake it’s operations and activities in a manner which depicts and reflects sustainable environmental practices. We are aware of the environmental impacts of our operations and aim to carry out our business in a manner that protects the local and global environment.
The purpose of this Environmental Policy is to earn the confidence of employees, shareholders, customers and the general public by demonstrating our commitment to comply with all relevant environmental legislation, as our corporate responsibility to minimize pollution, resource use and waste, where feasible, through the continual improvement of performance in all areas of Commodore’s vast operations.
Commodore International is committed, therefore, to identify all activities that have the potential to cause an environmental impact, as well as providing adequate resources to help minimize or prevent any negative impact.
In order to achieve this commitment, we will:
- Identify all environmental impacts that its operations and activities contribute to, and establish environmental management procedures that can be incorporated into all business decisions, in a cost effective manner.
- Instill mechanisms and benchmarks to effectively measure and evaluate our environmental performance, and further provide direction on where improvements are necessary.
- Promote a corporate culture of personal environmental responsibility, conservation and continual environmental improvement within the company
- Delegate the responsibility for environmental matters to the appropriate levels in the company
Consistently increase the awareness and provide necessary training to all our employees and customers to ensure environmentally responsible concepts are integrated into their normal working practices.
- Demonstrate control of all our operations and ensure that all are performed with due consideration of the environment.
- Perform regular audits to Identify potential accidents and their resultant environmental impact with a view to implement mitigation measures to minimize environmental impact in the event of an accident/incident.
Use products that have a negligible environmental impact, where appropriate options exist.
- Minimize the storage and use of all articles and substances, where appropriate.
- Reduce the consumption of resources (energy, materials, packaging), where feasible.
- Minimize waste through a commitment to reuse, recover or recycle, where feasible.
According to both the Kyoto Protocol and, more recently, the Paris Agreement, all nations signatory to the agreement are undertake measures to lower emissions, reduce global warming and by extension climate change. Commodore International Ltd operations include ecologically diverse regions within East Africa where adverse climate changes severely affect both residents and their respective governments.
It is our duty to ensure that good environmental management is practised in all contracts and projects that we are involved in, and we will seek to influence customers and suppliers to demonstrate a positive environmental commitment.
Commodore International Ltd. will therefore communicate its Environmental Policy to all employees, and it will be freely available to customers and shareholders.